St Patrick's School is a large Parish School contained in Lithgow, a city west of the Blue Mountains in New South Wales. Lithgow Has a population of 21000 people and is founded on a rich industrial heritage. Over recent years the economic base has changed and become more diversified. In 1999 Lithgow won the NSW Tidiest Town. In 2001 our city was declared the first Learning City in NSW and in 2011 Lithgow was awarded the National Title of Australia’s Tidiest Town.
St Patrick’s School was founded in 1880 by St Mary MacKillop and the Sisters of St Joseph. The sisters managed and staffed the school until 1998 when Sister Narelle Whiteman finished her term of office as Principal. Mrs Pam Haddin became the first Lady Principal of the school in 1999. The school caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6 and is made up of two streamed single grade classes. Our school is held in high regard by the community and has a very good reputation for pastoral care, academic, sporting and cultural achievement.